£17,160.00 per annum (£8.80 per hour) plus excellent benefits including an essential car users allowance and a mileage rate of up to 45p per mile.
This is a 37.5 hours per week position.
Haywards Heath.Join our team! Become a Community Support Worker (CSW) with United Response in our Community Mental Health Service West Sussex. Our service is based in Bognor Regis and Littlehampton, but as a CSW this position is based in
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Who we are looking for
We have an opportunity for an experienced CSW to join an established United Response Community Support Team.
Training: The successful candidate will undergo the Care Certificate training alongside other statutory training.
What we need from you
To be a great Community Support Worker, you will need to have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Social Care would be desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of mental health and prior experience of community mental health work
- Ability to lone work within the community supporting people with severe and enduring mental health needs.
- Good communication skills
- To be flexible and able to manage your own case load
- A full clean driving license and the use of a car is essential.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Paid annual leave
• Pension contribution
• Life assurance
• Childcare vouchers
• Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
• Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
• Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Plus the chance to make a positive difference to someone’s life every day - which is the biggest perk of all!
So what are you waiting for? Apply now! We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: 29th December 2017.
Shortlisting will take place prior to the 15th January 2017.
Interview date to be confirmed.
For an informal discussion regarding this position please call Vicky Arnell-Smith, Service Manager on 01243 868647.
If you are experiencing difficulty applying on line please call Denise Kitchen on 01903 732736.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check the cost to be meet by United Response.