£8,190.00 per annum for 21 hours per week (£7.50 per hour) plus excellent benefits
This post is open to male applicants ONLY under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 Section 9 Part 1 (a) as a Genuine Occupational Requirement
Join our team! Be a Part Time Support Worker with United Response in Chester.
Join us as a Part Time Support Worker and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with learning disabilities. This Role comes with full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Making it happen- Your Role
You will be supporting a gentleman in Chester. The gentleman is looking for a staff who:
- has a good sense of humor,
- Can drive,
- is creative,
- is enthusiastic,
- is energetic,
- is motivated,
- is Responsive,
- is Confident,
- is willing to learn,
- will promote positive risk taking,
- will have fun
- will support him to have an active meaningful life.
- it is important to the gentleman that you are a punctual person.
- Are over 25 years old due to driving motability car insurance purposes.
Our aim is to give the people you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible.
This is a responsible Role which is really varied, can be challenging and is extremely rewarding. the job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
On a daily basis, you may be involved in supporting people with the following activities:
- Managing finances
- Personal care
- Attending Drs/ hospital appointments
- Shopping and socialising
And many more.
It is the request of the gentleman that you are able to drive and are aged over 25 years old, due to his motability car insurance agreement. This post is open to male applicants ONLY under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 Section 9 Part 1 (a) as a Genuine Occupational Requirement.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers