£7.50 per hour plus excellent benefits
37.5 hours per week
Join our team! Be a Support Worker with United Response in Huddersfield
Join us as a Support Worker and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with learning disabilities. This Role comes with full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
You will be joining our Huddersfield Outreach team, requiring you work across a few different services across the area and supporting a variety of people. No two days are ever the same for us! On a day to day basis you will typically spend a few hours supporting one person then moving along to a different service later on in the day. There are no personal care requirements within this team, usual activities require:
- supporting with shopping
- managing finances
- encouraging people to build their confidence and become more independent.
We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us. We don’t ask for specific qualifications or experience, just that you have the compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect. What we are really looking for is a proactive, patient individual who can really work with the people we support to bring out the very best in them.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers