£7.80 per hour plus excellent benefits
One 34 hour position available
Join our team! Be a Part Time Support Worker with United Response in our mental health resource centre in Bognor Regis.
Join us as a Support Worker and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with mental health problems. This role comes with full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Making it happen- Your Role
You will be joining a team which supports people with mental health problems at our resource centre, which operates office hours Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays. Our aim is to give the people you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible.
This is a responsible role which is really varied, can be challenging and is extremely rewarding. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
On a daily basis, you may be involved in the following activities:
- Cooking lunch
- Helping people complete letters and forms such as Personal Independence Payment applications, housing register applications, college registrations etc.
- Supporting people to budget plan and manage their finances and/or debts
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and exercise
- Encouraging people to make and attend mental health and physical health appointments
- Facilitating a social atmosphere within the centre and helping to run groups/activities
- Undertake assessments of new clients and ascertain their support needs
And many more.
We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us but experience of care and people with mental health needs is desirable. We do ask that you have the compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Closing Date 29th January 2018
Shortlisting to be completed by the 2nd February 2018
Interviews to be held on the 7th February 2018
For an informal discussion regarding this position or the service please contact, Vicky Arnell-Smith on 01243 868647.
If you are experiencing difficulty applying online please call Denise Kitchen on 01903 732736.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check paid for by United Response.