Reports to: Payroll & Pensions Manager
We currently have a great opportunity for a Payroll & Pensions officer to join United Response in Wimbledon.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
• To ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries, pensions and employee expenses
• To deliver a payroll service in line with the policy and procedures for United Response
• To engage with our employees and stakeholders and offer a level of customer service with a high level of satisfaction
• Ensuring accurate and timely payment of salaries, pensions and expenses
• Analysis and validation of pre-commit payroll data using iTrent and Excel
• Running pensions assessment and contributions reports using iTrent / Excel and loading data to providers’ online portals
• Manual payment calculations
• Assisting Payroll Manager with general ledger accounts reconciliation
• Assisting Payroll Manager with producing costing reports for management accounts team and other information requests from the business
• Effectively and efficiently managing employee pay queries
• Assisting the team and Payroll & Pensions Manager on projects and other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience of working in payroll department processing high volume of staff and variable pay elements
• Able to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure
• Extensive IT skills
• It is essential that the successful candidate has a confident working knowledge of the iTrent HR and payroll system, ideally at Super-user level.
• Strong and positive team working skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external customers. Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality at all times
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrable knowledge of statutory payroll legislation
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
• Pension contribution
• Childcare vouchers
• Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
• Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
• Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
We look forward to receiving your application.