Female Support Workers required - St Ives
£8.12 per hour plus excellent benefits.
Full Time, Part time and Relief opportunities available.
Join our team! Be a Support Worker with United Response in St Ives.
Join us as a Support Worker and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with learning disabilities. This Role comes with full training, generous rewards, real career progression prospects and genuine job satisfaction.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Making it happen- Your Role
You will be joining a team which supports a young lady with autism within her own home on a 2 to 1 basis. Your aim will be to give the person you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible.
This is a responsible Role which is really varied, can be challenging and is extremely rewarding. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
On a daily basis, you may be involved in supporting people with the following activities:
- Hydrotherapy and swimming
- Summertime Sea and Beach activties
- Drumming, Musical and creative workshops
- Days out including Jungle Gym
- Time outdoors in countryside with animals including horses
- Activities in the home
- Washing/Personal care
- Attending Drs/ hospital appointments
And many more.
We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us as long as you have the compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect. Experience in a care environment is preferred, but full training will giving. You will be caring, fun, calm and bring energy and enthusiasm to your role. An interest in non verbal communication an advantage. You will hold a full UK manual driving licence. You will be able to work some weekends, waking nights and sleep ins.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
“This post is open to female applicants ONLY under an exemption from the Equality Act2010 Section 9 Part 1 (a) as a Genuine Occupational Requirement”.