Full time, 35 hours per week
United Response is a national charity supporting young people and adults with a wide range of disabilities and mental health needs to live the lives they choose. We are a top 100 charity, supporting more than 2,000 people at any one time.
We are looking to recruit an expert communicator to lead on proactive press work and support the charity’s wider communications function for staff and services across the country.
Holding a degree or an equivalent professional qualification, the successful candidate will be a first-class writer with a strong grasp of the needs and workings of broadcast, print and online media. You must be self-motivated, well organised and passionate about developing in your career.
Key responsibilities include:
• Securing a regular stream of positive and meaningful press coverage in regional and trade media, across print, broadcast and online titles
• Working with staff across United Response services to identify, shape and pitch news to target outlets
• Being the first point of contact for media enquiries from journalists and staff
• Responding to media requests by setting up interviews, providing case studies or writing quotes in support of United Response’s wider campaigning or lobbying work
• Supporting the Press Manager in developing messaging around key themes and policy areas
• Managing media monitoring for the charity, sharing coverage with relevant staff and creating quarterly reports
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• 25 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
• Pension contribution
• Childcare vouchers
• Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
• Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
• Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
• Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
We look forward to receiving your application.