Full time and part time hours available, Monday – Friday
Become a Support Worker with United Response in York and work Monday to Friday!
United Response have been appointed to run a new activity base known as ‘The Base @ Burnholme’, which will support adults with learning disabilities. Join our exciting new team and be part of the new development in Burnholme as a support worker on either part time or full-time hours!
Making it happen - Your Role
This is a responsible role which is really varied, can be challenging and is extremely rewarding. You will be part of a close-knit community that offers plenty of variety, supporting individuals to achieve real goals. On a daily basis, you may be involved in supporting people with the following activities:
• Supporting people to access a full range of activities on site and in the community
• Giving people encouragement, guidance and support
• Activities will include music, cookery, crafts, sensory activities, arts, fitness and lots more
• Providing support around personal care
We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us. We don’t ask for specific qualifications or experience, just that you have the following values and attributes;
• Compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect.
• A creative and flexible attitude
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Caring, compassionate and fun
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
• pension contribution
• Childcare vouchers
• Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
• Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
• Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
• Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Working hours will be made up of shifts between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday however flexibility will be desirable.
If you would like to have an informal chat regarding the role, please contact Joe Smart – Service Manager on 07791015359. (Reachable during the hours of 9am – 4.30pm, Monday – Friday)
Provisional interview dates; 26th March, 29th March, 12th April and 13th April.