£7.83 per hour plus benefits
Part time, permanent hours
Relief hours also available
20 hours per week - to include evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
Join our team! Become a Support Worker with United Response in Brimley, Exmouth.
Join us and help make great things happen in the lives of adults with disabilities. This Role comes with full training, generous rewards and genuine job satisfaction.
Who we are
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs
The Brimley Service
Our 24/7 Residential service based in Brimley supports 6 individuals with varying levels of disability including Dementia, Downs syndrome and learning disabilities. We are looking to recruit a reliable, motivated person to join our professional team, providing a responsive and high quality service.
Required tasks are to include:
- Providing practical support including intimate personal care
- Completing relevant documentation accurately and promptly
- Promoting wellbeing and encouraging people we support to grow and develop by taking part in activities aswell as facilitating health appointments
- Contributing to individual assessments and being responsive to the changing needs of the individuals you are supporting
Practical knowledge of Dementia care is essential, whether this is from personal or professional experience. Some experience of working with people with Learning disabilities is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided. Good IT knowledge and admin/ maths and English skills is also preferred.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Childcare and Eyecare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
We are looking forward to receiving your application.