Position Categories: Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health
Available Positions: 16 hours, part time.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £8.30 per hour
We are looking for someone who is able to do a 16 hours part time contract, is enthusiastic and has dedication within support work.
You must be flexible as you may have to do the following shifts days, nights, weekends and sleep ins over a 7 day rota, also some of the shifts offered may be within short notice.
Do you have what it takes to be a support worker for Rapid Response?
The role will be focused on working and supporting adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health.
Duties will include:
- Personal care
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- General cleaning duties
- Communicating with clients family members
- Assisting with meal times
Ideal candidates would be someone who can make a positive impact on the lives of others and who are passionate about helping us achieve our mission to enable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and physical disabilities to take control of their lives.
Some experience as a support worker is desirable and you must be willing to travel to multiple places meaning a full UK Driving license and access to your own vehicle is preferable for this role also.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Are you ethical, honest and fair in all areas of your work and relationships?
Do you accept that everyone is different? And do you treat everyone fairly and with respect?
If so why not apply?